Federal Prosecutors Arrest Uzbekistan National On Terrorism Charges
The Associated Press reports that authorities in Idaho have announced the arrest of an Uzbekistan national on federal terrorism charges.
Fazliddin Kurbanov, 30, was arrested in Boise on Wednesday, prosecutors say. He is being charged with one count of conspiracy to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization and one count of conspiracy to provide material support to terrorists.
The AP reports:
"The indictment also alleges he possessed an unregistered explosive device.
A separate federal grand jury in Utah also returned an indictment charging Kurbanov with distributing information about explosives, bombs and weapons of mass destruction.
He is scheduled to make an appearance in federal court in Boise on Friday."
- Growth of anti-government group concerns Nebraska law enforcement
- Activist arrested as tension and violence escalate in Whiteclay, Nebraska
- When grain elevators explode
- Anti-government groups, Nebraska neo-Nazi among concerns for watchdog group
- Colorado's medical marijuana is headache for Nebraska law enforcement