Annual Giving & Memberships
NET is not just a public broadcasting network, it’s also your broadcasting network – a community resource that has served Nebraskans for more than 55 years through ideas, information, education and inspiration.
While state and federal dollars support the infrastructure – like the hardware, software, transmission towers and the building – your donation supports NET’s programs, services and outreach initiatives that will continue to impact Nebraskans for generations to come.
Financial support from individuals, businesses and organizations enables NET Television and NET Radio to produce and broadcast programming that educates, entertains and inspires.
A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the NET Foundation for Television serves as NET Television’s tax-deductible fundraising agent. A separate 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the NET Foundation for Radio serves as the tax-deductible fundraising agent for NET Radio.
Ways to Give:
There are multiple ways to give, whether through an Annual Gift, Gift Membership, Memorial /Commemorative Gift, Day Sponsorship, Member Match or even the Vehicle Donation Program. Any and all donations help support NET and the programming you enjoy and respect.
- Annual Membership – Private support provides the foundation on which all of NET’s success is built. Membership donations are used to purchase and produce the great programming on NET Television including Sesame Street, Masterpiece Theater, Big Red Wrap Up, Backyard Farmer and Antiques Roadshow and programs like Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me, All Things Considered and Classics by Request on NET Radio.
- Gift Membership – What do you give a person who has everything? How about a gift membership to NET? Make your contribute in your friend’s name and they’ll receive benefits like NET Now and the NET MemberCard when you pledge $80 or more to NET!
- Memorial and Commemorative Gifts – Honor your loved one's commitment to the mission of NET Television or NET Radio.
- NET Radio Day Sponsorship – Show your appreciation for a friend or loved one with a unique gift: an NET Radio Day Sponsorship. For a donation of $365 or more, your personal announcement will air 5 times on the day of your choice between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Member Match - For over 20 years NET Radio has inspired thousands of listeners across Nebraska with in-depth news, classical music and compelling stories. In order to cover rising costs of programming, NET Radio needs to increase membership revenue. One effective way to grow the membership base is through Member Match, also known as challenge grants.
- Donate a Car – The Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program provides Vehicle Donation Services to Public Radio and TV stations across the country.
How to Give:
To donate to the NET Foundation for Television or the NET Foundation for Radio click Support NET or call 800.634.6788. You can make an individual gift in any of the following ways:
- Credit Card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa)
- Electronic Fund Transfer – EFT is an efficient method for you to make gift payments and saves NET the costs of sending multiple renewal notices and the bank charges for processing individual checks. Through EFT the amount you choose to donate from your checking account will automatically be withdrawn from your checking account.
- Payroll Deduction – Giving to NET Foundation for Television or NET Foundation for Radio through your workplace giving campaign is a convenient way to maintain your annual membership. NET Television and NET Radio are members of Community Services Fund of Nebraska (CSF). CSF is a collation of nonprofits that work together to hold workplace-giving campaigns.
If you would like to designate a donation to NET Radio please note it on the form.
If you would like to designate a donation to NET Television please note it on the form.
These payments can also be made as:
- Installments – You can make your installments monthly or quarterly.
- Sustaining Member Program – As a Sustaining Member of NET Television and/or NET Radio, you will join other caring members who provide dependable financial support on a continuing monthly, quarterly or annual basis and enjoy perpetual renewal of your membership and all its associated benefits.
- DON’T FORGET some companies will match your charitable contributions. To find out more, contact your workplace to see if it participates in a Company Matching Program.