Friday Live Arts Magazine
On the July 29th Friday LIVE, listen to interesting conversations with Genevieve Randall and guests about:
- the Homestead National Monument Centennial Concert Series near Beatrice
- the Harlan County Dam Playhouse in Republican City
- the Lincoln Community Playhouse
- a film series at Film Streams in Omaha
- concerts and arts events in Brownville
- the Lincoln Municipal Band
- the Foundation Garden music series in Lincoln
- the Lux Center for the Arts in Lincoln
- melodramas at Mahoney Park
- and, author Jonis Agee's new book
Please check out our new online only feature for the week, our Friday LIVE podcast extra.
This week, Genevieve Randall speaks with film editor Joseph Krings, a Nebraska native from Albion and a UNL graduate, whose new film "Captain Fantastic" opens nationwide this weekend. Click here to listen.
Last week, Genevieve Randall talked with Sharon Kennedy, Curator of Education, and Tina Koeppe, Exhibits Curator/Coordinator about the “Our People, Our Land, Our Images” film series and photography exhibit at the Nebraska History Museum in Lincoln. Click here to listen.
Friday Live is a weekly arts and humanities program hosted by NET Radio’s Genevieve Randall (pictured above). The program usually broadcasts from The Mill coffee house in Lincoln's Historic Haymarket district on Fridays at 9:05 a.m. Central on all stations of the NET Radio network. However, we occasionally do programs from different locations.
If you can't catch the show in person, on the radio, or on the web (audio or a video webcast) it is available later the same day on demand, or you can subscribe to the podcast for Friday Live and the Friday Live Extra. If you would like to place your arts events on NET’s events calendar, click here.