Friday Live Arts Magazine
On the October 21st program, host Genevieve Randall and guests have lively conversations about:
- the new exhibit at MONA in Kearney
- a literary event at The Heritage Room in Lincoln
- Twyla Tharp at the Lied Center in Lincoln
- an exhibit at Constellation Studios in Lincoln
- the Sandhills Symphony Orchestra concert in North Platte
- the Hubbard Lecture and events in Lincoln
- the Nebraska Brass
- the Omaha Symphony
- Nebraska Wesleyan's production of "The Rocky Horror Show"
- and, Torch Singer 101 in Lincoln.
On the October 14th program, host Genevieve Randall and guests had lively conversations about:
- the Humanities on the Edge speaker's series in Lincoln
- an art exhibit at WNCC in Scottsbluff
- Lincoln's Symphony Orchestra
- the Spring Creek Prairie Audobon Center near Denton
- a Celebration of Nebraska Books in Lincoln
- UNL recitals in Lincoln
- the Grand Island Little Theater
- Sonia Nazario’s 2016 Governor’s Lecture
- and, Ballet Nebraska in Omaha
If you missed this program, you may listen to an abbreviated version of it here.
Friday LIVE Extra
Please check out our online only feature for the week, our Friday LIVE Extra!
Two weeks ago, Genevieve Randall spoke with Liz Shea-McCoy about the "Nebraska By Heart" art project and Nebraska native Dan Tracy about his appearance in "Once" at the Lied Center in Lincoln last weekend. You may listen to these interviews here.
A month ago, Dave Hughes took us on an audio tour led by by Art Department Chair Tom Kreager of the new Dinsdale Art Center at Hastings College. Included in the tour is a print making demonstration by Art Professor Turner McGehee. Click here to listen.
Look here in our archives for past Extras that you may have missed.
Friday Live is a weekly arts and humanities program hosted by NET Radio’s Genevieve Randall (pictured above). The program usually broadcasts from The Mill coffee house in Lincoln's Historic Haymarket district on Fridays at 9:05 a.m. Central on all stations of the NET Radio network. However, we occasionally do programs from different locations.
If you can't catch the show in person, on the radio, or on the web (audio or a video webcast) it is available later the same day on demand, or you can subscribe to the podcast for Friday Live and the Friday Live Extra. If you would like to place your arts events on NET’s events calendar, click here.