Friday Live Arts Magazine
Listen to interesting conversations about the arts and humanities with Genevieve Randall and guests on Friday LIVE. This week, on the August 26th program, we'll have conversations about:
- Sheldon Museum of Art in Lincoln
- the Carr Family Cowboy Band in Lewellen
- Prairie Jazz Festival in Lincoln
- the Merryman Center in Kearney
- the Greek Festival in Lincoln
- Nebraska By Heart public art project
- Film Streams in Omaha's presentation of The Met Live in HD, in partnership with Opera Omaha
- ArtMove Magazine
- Chiara String Quartet CD release performance live from NET
- Darger HQ Gallery in Lincoln
Please check out our online only feature for the week, our Friday LIVE Extra:
Last week, we listened to an interview with Doug Ganz about the Bill Ganz Western Band from an episode of Friday LIVE on January 8th. You can hear how the band has connections to Nebraska. Click here to listen.
And listen back to a conversation from three weeks ago when Genevieve Randall spoke with film editor Joseph Krings, a Nebraska native from Albion and a UNL graduate, whose new film "Captain Fantastic" opened nationwide last month. Click here to listen.
Friday Live is a weekly arts and humanities program hosted by NET Radio’s Genevieve Randall (pictured above). The program usually broadcasts from The Mill coffee house in Lincoln's Historic Haymarket district on Fridays at 9:05 a.m. Central on all stations of the NET Radio network. However, we occasionally do programs from different locations.
If you can't catch the show in person, on the radio, or on the web (audio or a video webcast) it is available later the same day on demand, or you can subscribe to the podcast for Friday Live and the Friday Live Extra. If you would like to place your arts events on NET’s events calendar, click here.