Friday Live Arts Magazine
Hear interesting conversations about arts and humanities in Nebraska with Genevieve Randall on the May 27th Friday Live. This week:
- Chautauqua in Hastings
- "Damn Yankees" in Beatrice
- the Omaha Symphony's "Superheroes" concert
- Jazz in June in Lincoln
- a clarinet and piano recital in Lincoln
- the Storycatcher Writer's Workshop in Chadron
- the latest book by Omaha author Liz Kay
- Blixt, an new arts organization
- One Book, One Lincoln
- and, Case of the Nomads
Please check out our new online only feature for the week, our Friday Live podcast extra.
This week's podcast extra is an interview with clarinetist and cancer survivor Charles du Preez from Aurora, who is performing a recital to give back to those who helped in his healing process. Click here to hear the interview with Genevieve Randall.
Last week's podcast extra featured a conversation from our archives with oboist William McMullen. Click here to listen.
Hear interesting conversations about arts and humanities in Nebraska with Genevieve Randall on the June 3 Friday Live. This week:
- Homestead Days at Homestead National Monument
- a conversation with Arturo Sandoval performing on Jazz in June
- Flatwater Music Festival in Hastings
- a tribute to Patsy Cline from TADA Theatre
- Crane River Theater in Kearney
- a 60th anniversary celebration at Fort Robinson State Park
- events at Haymarket Theatre
- a concert given by Dulces Voces
Friday Live will broadcast from North Platte and Chadron!
Don't miss special programs June 10 and June 17 featuring live performances by local musicians, and conversations about:
Friday Live is a weekly arts and humanities program hosted by NET Radio’s Genevieve Randall (pictured above). The program usually broadcasts from The Mill coffee house in Lincoln's Historic Haymarket district on Fridays at 9:05 a.m. Central on all stations of the NET Radio network. However, we occasionally do programs from different locations.
If you can't catch the show in person, on the radio, or on the web (audio or a video webcast here) it is available later the same day on demand, or you can subscribe to the podcast for Friday Live and the Friday Live Extra. If you would like to place your arts events on NET’s events calendar, click here.