Judge Kopf ruled Nebraska could not apply the century old law barring desecration of the flag against Margie Phelps-Roper and members of the Westboro Baptist Church. The groups weekend protest at a serviceman's funeral highlights the sensitivity of the issues debated in court.
Nebraska flag desecration law violates free speech amendment
Listen to this story:
July 18, 2010 - 7:00pm
- Lawmakers advance birth control bill amid questions
- Woman appeals to State Supreme Court over order to testify in sexual assault trial
- Keystone XL siting law in hands of judge
- Arrested for Playing Baseball! How the National Pastime became a church and state battleground in Nebraska.
- Water law aimed at addressing Republican River issues faces second round of challenges