Since 1995, alcohol has been prohibited at state parks but the Game and Parks Commission will take up a proposal to change that at their May 28th Meeting. Public comments will be taken at the meeting which starts at 8 a.m. Mountain at the Gering Civic Center. Grant Gerlock reports that if the proposal is adopted, drinking would be allowed with some restrictions.
Commission could lift alcohol ban at state parks
Listen to this story:
May 26, 2010 - 7:00pm
- Berkshire shareholders meet in Omaha after lobbying uncovered in Washington
- An illness appears to be going through the deer population that officials want to know more about
- This land is... whose land?
- Nebraska horse racing losing stride with loss of Lincoln track
- New push to deal with alcohol in Whiteclay