One Dead after Carbon Monoxide Leak in North Lincoln

June 6, 2018 - 12:10pm

A 56-year-old man is dead resulting from a carbon monoxide leak at a North Lincoln trailer home early Wednesday morning. Lincoln Fire and Rescue along with LPD responded to a medical call around 3:30 am Wednesday morning, and discovered the leak when a firefighter’s carbon monoxide alarm went off.

Low levels for carbon monoxide are typically around 50 parts per million or less. The readings at the trailer home were around 400 parts per million, indicating very dangerous levels.

Other members of the home included the victim’s girlfriend, son and 4-year-old grandson. They were all taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning but did not suffer any life-threatening injuries.

A service technician from Black Hills Energy responded to investigate the source of the leak. It was determined the water heater was not ventilating properly and the aluminum vent was disconnected, causing the exhaust to circulate throughout the trailer. The investigation is still ongoing.

Discussion

 

blog comments powered by Disqus