Annual Giving & Memberships
NET is not just a public broadcasting network, it’s also your broadcasting network – a community resource that has served Nebraskans for more than 60 years through ideas, information, education and inspiration.
While state and federal dollars support the infrastructure – like the hardware, software, transmission towers and the building – your donation supports NET’s programs, services and outreach initiatives that will continue to impact Nebraskans for generations to come.
Financial support from individuals, businesses and organizations enables NET to produce and broadcast programming that educates, entertains and inspires on television and radio.
A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the NET Foundation for Television (Federal ID #23-7122088) serves as NET Television’s tax-deductible fundraising agent . A separate 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the NET Foundation for Radio (Federal ID #47-0588533) serves as the tax-deductible fundraising agent for NET Radio.
Ways to Give
There are many ways to give to help support NET and the programming you enjoy and respect.
- Annual Membership – Private support provides the foundation on which all of NET’s success is built. Membership donations are used to purchase and produce the great programming on NET Television including Masterpiece Theater, Big Red Wrap Up, Backyard Farmer and Antiques Roadshow and programs like Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me, All Things Considered and Classics by Request on NET Radio.
- Gift Membership – What do you give a person who has everything? How about a gift membership to NET? Contribute in a loved one's name, and they’ll receive benefits like INSIDE NET and the NET MemberCard when you pledge $80 or more to NET! Please note the gift membership in the comments section.
- Memorial and Commemorative Gifts – Honor your loved one's commitment to the mission of NET.
- NET Radio Day Sponsorship – Show your appreciation for a friend or loved one with a unique gift: an NET Radio Day Sponsorship. For a donation of $365 or more, your personal announcement will air 5 times on the day of your choice between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- NET Radio Trailblazer – On-air pledge drives are the single most effective means of adding members to NET's membership.
The NET Radio Trailblazer program will combine Trailblazer gifts to create big “Power Hours”. When you make a pledge become an NET Radio Trailblazer for a minimum of $500 you will inspire listeners to call in to become new or renewing members.
- Donate a Car – Our vehicle donation program provides an easy and effective way to clear out your garage.
How to Give
To donate to NET, Nebraska’s PBS and NPR stations, click Donate Now or call 800.634.6788. You can make an individual gift in any of the following ways:
- Cash/Check/Credit Card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa)
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) – EFT is efficient method for you and saves NET the costs of sending multiple renewal notices and the bank charges for processing individual checks. Through EFT, the amount you choose to donate will automatically be withdrawn from your checking account.
- Payroll Deduction – Giving to NET Foundation for Television or NET Foundation for Radio through your workplace giving campaign is a convenient way to maintain your annual membership. NET Television and NET Radio are members of Community Services Fund of Nebraska (CSF). CSF is a coalition of nonprofits that works together to hold workplace-giving campaigns.
- NET Sustaining Star Program – As an NET Sustaining Star, you will join other caring members who provide dependable financial support on a continuing monthly ongoing basis and enjoy perpetual renewal of your membership and all its associated benefits.
- Company Matching Program – Some companies will match your charitable contributions. To find out more, contact your workplace to see if it participates in a Company Matching Program.
With your donation you are also entitled to a number of wonderful member benefits.